Window cleaning do's and don'ts
Become a window cleaning expert by following these window cleaning tips. They’ll make the job easier and keep your windows in good shape!
- Clean the window frames as often as you clean the glass.
- Place a towel under the window to catch water when cleaning the inside of the window.
- Clean your windows on a cloudy day.
- Open and close windows and check for any maintenance needed.
- Clean the window sills.
- Clean the screens when cleaning your windows.
- Clean your windows after cleaning the other areas of the house.
- Use harsh chemicals or abrasive cloths to clean your window glass or frames.
- Use newspaper to clean windows.
- Clean windows in direct sunlight.
- Use a squeegee on the inside of windows with Viridian ComfortPLUS glass as it has a special film on the inside of the glass.
- Use metallic objects on the Viridian ComfortPLUS glass surface.
- Rely on rain, especially if you live near the coast as the salt on your windows will make the dirt stick.