Many factors, including cost, location, house design, etc influence your choice of windows for your home. When making your decision the following points should be considered:
- Provide daylight in adequate amounts.
- Provide desired ventilation.
- Free from objectionable obstructions to view.
- Economically adapted to construction techniques to be used.
- Fitted with hardware that makes the operation of the window simple.
- Opened without interfering with draperies and blinds or furniture placement.
- Easily fitted with screens and awnings if required.
- Easily maintained, eg: cleaning.
- Economically maintained, eg: restraining, etc
The majority of window types used are sliding, hinged and fixed. Within these classifications you have your popular sliders, double hung, awning and casement windows.
To assure precision fit, operating windows should be factory made and installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction.