Collection, use and disclosure of your information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. What information we collect depends upon the nature of our dealings with you. All information collected from an individual is done so in accordance to the law.
We will normally collect information directly from you. Occasionally we may receive information about you from third parties, but if we are to use such information, for any reason, we will let you know as soon as practical after we receive it.
If sensitive information (as defined under the Privacy Act 1988), is collected it will be treated with the utmost security and confidentiality. It will not be collected for any purpose other than that which the individual’s consent was obtained, unless the Privacy Act requires otherwise
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, or arrange for a delivery, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Wideline 174 Pacific Hwy, TUGGERAH, NSW, 2259, Australia
Personal information will only be disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes that it was collected and any related purpose that an individual would reasonably expect;
- When the individual has consented;
- If the disclosure is necessary or believed in good faith to be necessary to comply with the law or legal processes served upon the business (in which case a note will be made on the individual’s file),
- To protect the personal safety of any person in an emergency; and
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
Access to and Correction of your Information
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you, or if you believe any information we have about you requires correction, please contact our Customer Service Team in writing.
We will take all reasonable steps to;
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose
Changes to this Statement
WIDELINE PTY LTD will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. WIDELINE PTY LTD encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how WIDELINE PTY LTD is protecting your information.
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au